"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to

exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."
-Arnold Schwarzenegger



Friday, July 16, 2010

Already?? 9 WEEKS OUT!

So I've been wanting to start a blog for months now, but the last few months were so full with preparing for the 2010 WBFF Alberta Championships while studying and cramming in courses to get closer to finishing my degree that I didn't have time for anything else! Now I finally have time to breathe, so I can start my blog! Yay!

I'm 9 weeks out from The WBFF World Championships, and I woke up this morning and realized how soon that really is! I just finished competing in the AB Championships in Calgary, and placed 5th in diva bikini and 6th in fitness model. Since there were 60 girls in each category, I feel pretty good about my placings. I had been aiming for top 3 in fitness (well really, I wanted that Pro Card!), but I've decided to take the bits of advice I got from Paul and Allison Dillet and the judges and do what I can in the next 9 weeks to improve myself. After the show in Calgary, I briefly considered opting out of Worlds so that I could use the next two months to build up my physique (instead of dieting down again and losing that time), but I realized that I don't want to miss out on the experience! There will be so many great opportunities that week in Toronto, and there are a whole lot of amazing people who I have met while competing in The WBFF who will be there competing, taking photos, or helping to organize and run the show...and I just can't imagine missing out on that! Plus, I feel 100% confident in my physique and in the improvements I know I can make, even in such a short period of time.

After a mini vacation to Kelowna this past week to go boating and go to the Deadmau5 show, I'm back on track with my dieting and training. It was great to get to enjoy myself (ice cream every day, and even a few Bud Light Lime!) but those few days of vacation really reminded me how much I love preparing for a show and following my usual routine.

9 WEEKS OUT, SEE YOU ALL AT WBFF WORLDS!

Here is a picture from my vacation to Kelowna, the one and only time this year I have had a drink in my hand! (Rockin' an amazing bikini by Theberge Designs, Tanya is so talented!)


Katie Noval
WBFF Fitness & Bikini Model

No comments:

Post a Comment