"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to

exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."
-Arnold Schwarzenegger



Monday, August 9, 2010

HAPPY MONDAY! 6 Weeks Out from WORLDS!

Good Morning and Happy Monday!


Less than 6 weeks out from The WBFF World Championships, and I couldn't be feeling better! My prep is coming along so well, and I am pretty amazed at the progress I have made in the past couple weeks. I only started dieting for Worlds a couple weeks ago, but changed my cardio and added some different types of training to my usual routine. In two weeks, I've cut over 6 lbs and have new lines that I didn't even have on stage at WBFF AB the beginning of July. After my last show, I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough time before Worlds to make any significant changes to my physique, but thanks to Nathan, I'm noticing changes every few days! He's changed my diet and is taking a bit of a different approach than last time, and he really knows what he's doing. I couldn't imagine ever trusting anyone else with my prep, I put complete faith in Nathan. He works miracles! There are about 7 of us girls who train with Nathan that are going to Worlds, including Monica Brant and Miryah Jade Scott. It's going to be a great experience and a fun trip out to Toronto with everyone. Watch out Toronto, because Calgary is coming to dominate the stage!


I also wanted to add that this past week, I have received so much kindness and generosity from others. I've been blown away and almost brought to tears on more than one occasion, as I have discovered how many amazing people I have in my life and how fortunate I am. This week I am going to make an effort to pay it forward and share that kindness!

I know that we can all relate to the feelings of being alienated as fitness competitors and bodybuilders because of our lifestyles, but competeing is also such a great way to meet people who share the passion. I've created bonds with so many people I have met at WBFF shows (as a part of the EAS demo team and as a competitor) and while prepping for shows, and the support everyone offers each other really is amazing! Through social networking like Facebook and Twitter, we get to interact and follow each other as we train all across the country for Worlds. I'm constantly tweeting and facebooking back and forth with WBFF athletes like Mindy Karuk and Chris Lazecki out in Vancouver, Cherry from EAS out in Toronto, and many others! It almost feels like a family, and it's a blessing to have so many friends who have so much in common. I'm really looking forward to meeting up with everyone in Toronto and getting to see the results of everyone's hard work over the past months!

One final thing, I want to thank Valerio Moscariello from www.teambodypro.com for sending me a few things. The Team Body Pro products are so nice and are such good quality, I really recommend checking it out! For us fitness girls it can be so tough to find clothes that fit properly, but all of this stuff is custom cut and sized to fit fitness models. The things Val sent me fit PERFECTLY! The companies bags, hats, and waterbottles are also really nice, and I love the logo! Team Body Pro is bringing 4x Mr. Olympia, JAY CUTLER to Toronto the weekend after the Olympia, so if you're in the area I would definitely get tickets! I'm hoping to fly out for that as well, check out www..JayCutlerHitsToronto.com for details!

Here's a picture of me this past weekend wearing my Team Body Pro tank to the rodeo, where the rodeo clown actually picked me out of the crowd (I was even sitting way in the back of the stands), and commented on how eye-catching the colour of my shirt was!

Katie Noval
WBFF Fitness & Bikini Model

No comments:

Post a Comment