"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to

exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."
-Arnold Schwarzenegger



Sunday, August 22, 2010

Roadtrip and CBBF Nationals

Last weekend I drove out to Saskatoon to watch The 2010 Canadian National Bodybuilding Championships, and it was quite the show! The caliber of athletes was amazing, and it was a great experience to see a show like that so close (I was sitting second row, centre). Everyone thought Ron Partlow was finally going to get the Pro card he deserves...but it eluded him, yet again. Next time Ron, I know it! An athlete named Santana Anderson who won the men's overall, and he did look incredible. I've heard nothing but good things about him, that he is a really nice guy and very humble. Congrats Santana!

Mens Heavy, Top 3
It was great to go to a show like that and visit with bodybuilders and fitness competitors from all over Canada who came out to watch and support the athletes, and it got me even more pumped up for Worlds! Between the prejudging and evening show, me and Valerio from Toronto hit the gym to train, and he showed me some new things that I will incorporate into my own training (afterwards I introduced Val to something myself, a burger and fries from A&W! His first time. Now he can incorporate that into his diet at home!). The guys at World Gym were great and let us train for free.
Welcome to the Gun Show! V and I at World Gym in Saskatoon
While it was awesome to watch Nationals, now I am REALLY looking forward to The Olympia (5 weeks!). As silly as it sounds, it's going to be a dream come true for me to see that live. And to meet the Olympians...I admit, I am going to be as star-struck as a 13 year old girl at a Justin Beiber concert! I got to chat with Jay Cutler on the phone a few times over the weekend, and that was pretty cool! I can't wait to meet him and some of the other guys in person. Nathan and a whole crew of us from Calgary are all going to The Olympia together, and I know it is going to be a trip to remember. We have passes to Golds on Flamingo (another dream come true for me!) and VIP passes to the whole expo and prejudging and evening shows. I'm also planning on doing the Flex Bikini Model Search, which will be a blast!

Olympia in 5 weeks, WOOHOO!!

One final thing to add, my trainer Nathan just got accepted to do the 2011 Arnold Amateur, so I want to say congratulations to him, I'm so proud of him! This is huge for Nate, and I know he is going to come in at his best ever and really impress us all! CONGRATS NATHAN!

Katie Noval
WBFF Fitness & Bikini Model

1 comment: