"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to

exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."
-Arnold Schwarzenegger



Friday, September 10, 2010

TAKE THE PLUNGE. Ride the WAVE. -8 DAYS OUT.

When your alarm goes off in the morning, do you ever get that feeling that you are about to take "the plunge?" I do, every day. Let me explain...

 
You're enclosed in the safe confines of your bedroom walls, wrapped in a cacoon of blankets and nestled in the pillows that cradle the masses of hard muscle covering your sleepy body. The first jolt from your alarm violently pulls you away from the escape of your dreamworld, and you are smacked with the realization that you need to face this reality, in this present world. So you hesitate. Sometimes for a split second, sometimes minutes. On a bad day, maybe an hour.


During this moment, the day ahead of you flashes before your mind. So much to get done - stress - deadlines - meetings - responsibilities - bills to pay - food to cook - it never ends. This is why you hesitate. Once you leave the protective haven of your bed, there is no looking back, the day has officially begun. So you ask yourself, am I ready to take the plunge into today?


Some days you are more ready than others. Regardless, every single morning you make that decision to get up and place that first calloused foot on the ground. Wiith this action, you make a commitment. You make a commitment to tackle the day and face the world as a WARRIOR. As you take that first step, you start with a solid foundation, and the energy surges upwards throughout every tense muscle fibre in your body and up into your head, where it hits you like a wave of ECSTASY. This is where you must accept it, this is the moment of the day that will make or break you- set you up for success or failure. You need to RIDE THE WAVE.


Whether you notice it or not, the decision to get out of bed in the morning is riddled with emotions and feelings that coalesce rapidly in your mind. Nervousness, anxiety, excitement, doubt, fear, uncertainty. Positive and negative, you can feed off of these and use them to your advantage. Recognize them, and they will guide you to what you need to conquer that day. The negative emotions are a sign of great opportunity, this day is one where you can test your strengths and engage in a battle within yourself. The positive emotions can fuel you towards reaching your goals and can create a magnet of positive energy throughout the day, offering good energies to the people around you and creating even more to feed yourself.


Finally, this first moment of the day is where your PASSION begins to burn. We wake up because we have responsibilities and cannot afford to lay in bed all day, but your PASSION is that spark inside you that gives you that first surge of energy to place one foot on the ground. Underneath everything else, passion drives you.

 
For me, my passion is being in the gym- Training. Ultimately, I explode out of my bed knowing that my passion will give me my fix...I seek that high every day, starting the second I awake. Knowing I will get my fix, I take the plunge. I wont hesitate to take that first step, knowing soon I will feel my passion running through my veins and pleasuring every cell in my body. And it hits me...the first wave. SO I RIDE IT. DO YOU?

 
Katie Noval
WBFF Fitness & Bikini Model

1 comment:

  1. I arise and begin each day by connecting to my Supreme Source, knowing that It has placed within me all that is necessary for my success in everything I do.

    ReplyDelete