"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to

exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."
-Arnold Schwarzenegger



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

10 Days out: Am I AWAKE? Or is this all just a dream?

So I'm sitting here at my computer, after a day that started with answering a million emails, and then posing at the gym at 8:00am, a heavy shoulder workout at 10:30 (since today was my last day with a pre-workout supplement and I wanted to take full advantage of it), a sprint training/crossfit style workout for an hour with my trainer Nathan Harewood at noon, and then 70 minutes of cardio right after.
 
Then I forced myself to endure a torturous grocery run, where I think I stood dead still in a trance for 20 minutes, staring at all of the glorious Reese's halloween candy that was displayed next to the cucumbers I had to get, trudged home in the rain (just my luck, wearing a white tank top), cooked a crapload of fish for the next few days, and tackled the mountain of tupperware in my kitchen sink. Oh and I forgot to mention how I got harassed by the doctor when getting a prescription this morning, as he squeezed my arms, back, and shoulders, asked me if my boobs were fake, and told me how "crazy" and "muscular like a bodybuilder" I am. Awkward.
 
Let's just say, I'm BEAT. To be honest, I barely remember the day, it felt like it never happened. That's why I ask, "am I awake??" I hope so, because I definitely would prefer to wake up tomorrow with 9 days until I step on stage instead of 10!
 
Despite the hectic and weird day I had, I still feel amazing. Tired and hungry, weak and kind of irritable, yes...but my physique is dialing in PERFECTLY, photoshoots are all confirmed, and I have great feelings about things to come. On top of that, a whirlwind of positive things have happened to me this past week:

  • I was featured in Status Fitness Magazine (the random strangers at 7-Eleven didn't seem as excited as I was when I told everyone in the store that I was in a magazine). I owe this to David Ford for encouraging me and seeing my potential, and Rodney Jang and Asha Belisle from Status for choosing to feature me.
  • An article I wrote (without the intention of publishing, just something that came to me and I felt needed to be written down) was published along with pictures of myself in a 4-page spread in the most recent issue of Fit & Firm magazine. Thanks a million times to Paul and Allison Dillett for first reading my article, and Dennis Cruz for doing a "badass" job with the desing and layout! Here's the link to the mag, my article starts on page 38:
  • Fit & Firm Magazine
  • I was fortunate enough to have WBFF Pro Frank Budelewski write an amazing blog about me on the front page of the WBFF website. I'm so impressed with how well-written it is and the way he was able to portray me exactly as I would like to be perceived...thank you Frank! xo
  • KATIE NOVAL: WBFF Pro Frank Budelewski Blog

I've been blessed to meet so many incredible people lately, and am extremely touched by the generousity and kindess. Having the opportunity and ability to motivate and inspire other people is one of the biggest rewards, and the feedback and comments I have been receiving are telling me that I have accomplished that goal!
 
More news this week: I had an awesome photoshoot with Calgary photographer, James Anthony Lynch, on Monday and we got quite a few really sick shots. I'm hoping to shoot with him again as soon as possible, though it may have to wait until after WBFF Worlds and The Olympia the following weekend. And finally, one of my long-time fitness idols and inspirations, Monica Brant, arrives in Calgary today to train with Nathan and our crew and finish final preparations before the show. This is EXCITING! Training with Monica Brant during the final days before Worlds? Talk about motivating!

More blogs to come soon, I'll admit that I don't even remember what I just wrote. Tomorrow when I wake up I'll be checking back to make sure I was really awake!

Katie Noval
WBFF Fitness & Bikini Model

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love the new Blog, haha "dead still in a trance" LOL oh I hear you on that one, amazing the power of chocolate can stop you dead in your tracks eh? Almost there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is providing some really good information. I liked its essence and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts.

    Casein Protein Supplements Online India

    ReplyDelete